Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Can't Get My Kids To Eat Healty Food.

I'm at a loss on getting my kids to eat or at least try new foods.  Last night I roasted off some golden beets and sauteed the greens too.  I gave each one of my kids a piece of the beet to try.  My oldest put it in his mouth and began gagging before even chewing on it.  Ugh!  My second oldest took a bit off of his piece and said "yum mommy".  I asked him if he liked it, he said yes.  When I asked him to finish the piece he said "no thank you, I don't like it".  Ugh, why did he say "Yum"?  These two have texture issues but for goodness sake they cannot live off of chicken nuggets and peanut butter sandwiches!  My oldest daughter has picked up on the boys bad eating habits and is now joining them in the picky eaters club. 

Any one have any suggestions on getting them to eat new foods?   I had to give each one 30 minutes of Wii time to get them all to take the first bite, last night. 

No comments: