Monday, October 5, 2009

Reading and Literacy Development Support Websites

Last Thursday I had to attend a Reading and Literacy night at my boys school. It was very informative. The teachers handed out a sheet with some popular websites to help support reading and literacy development. I wanted to share them with my readers. My boys love to read.

Starfall.com a terrific site.
Storyplace.org interactive stories for 1st and 2nd graders in English & Spanish.
StorylineOnline.net Screen Actors Guild Foundation offers streaming video program of SAG members reading children's books.
PbsKids Reading Rainbow offers details on books featured on the tv show, games, and activities.
BookAdventure.org allows kids K-8 to create their own book list from over 6,000 titles.
KidsReads.com provides info on kids favorite books, series, and authors.

No comments: