Wednesday, December 23, 2009

GF/CF Christmas Cookies.

Last night the kids and I finally baked our sugar Christmas cookies. For my boys we made the Cherrybrook Kitchen's GF/CF sugar cookie mix and for everyone else Tollhouse pre-cut sugar cookie shapes. I actually had made the Cherrybrook mix a few days ago. It was a bit hard to work with at first, but eventually it warmed up enough to roll out smoothly.
For the GF/CF sugar cookies, i chilled the mix and then grabbed my Bob's Red Mill all purpose GF flour mix, Cherrybrook Kitchens vanilla frosting mix, India Tree natural color sugars, Enjoy Life chocolate chips, and Pure fun Organic candy canes. My boys enjoyed pressing the cookie cutters into the rolled out cookie dough. They had a blast watching them bake up too!
Once the cookies cooled and the frosting was set up we started decorating. Though the boys only frosted and decorated one cookie each, it was a fun time!

No comments: