Sunday, December 6, 2009

ABC's Good Morning America last Friday, story on Autism Research

On Friday, GMA ran a story on Autism Research going on through Harvard at Children's Hospital Boston, their research how babies read facial expressions. The hope is that the research will lead to being able to diagnose Autism sooner in young children. Click here to go to GMA's article and video of the story.

I think there is some truth to this research. My second son when he was a infant did not look at me in the face or eyes. He would avoid it, he would look at other people. He preferred on to be held, he wanted to be in the swing or in the play pin. When my oldest was diagnosed with Autism, my second son was only 8 months old and the diagnosing physician must have noticed some trait their, because he said to us before we left, I will probably see you in a year with Nathan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I saw some definite things in my daughter early on. But, she was opposite ... wanted to be held 24/7 - only hated the feeling of being touched. Talk about difficult!

Thanks for the link to the article.

Warm regards,
Leslie
http://outrunning-autism.blogspot.com/