Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Favorite GF/CF/EF Products For Special Occasion Cookies.

With Halloween just a couple of days away, I wanted to share my favorite products for making special occasion cookies. My first is Cherrybrook Kitchen gluten free sugar cookie mix, which can be made casein free. This mix does not contain eggs nor does it need eggs. Second is Cherrybrook Kitchen Vanilla frosting mix, which is gluten, wheat, casein, egg, nut, and peanut free. I must mention how yummy the frosting mixes are and you can get it pre-made in tubs at Whole Foods. My last favorite is from India Tree, its their Nature's Color decorating sugar, I bought Marigold Orange for Halloween. This sugar has no artificial coloring it what so ever. I love these "sprinkles" so much, I have several colors now on hand. You can find these in Whole Foods in the baking aisle. They also have food coloring kits too.

With two kids allergic and sensitive to so many different foods and fillers. Classroom parties can be a nightmare. With these favorite products of mine, classroom parties have become pretty exciting for my boys. Now they never feel left out on the fun.

On the cookie mix, you can make it and chill it for rolling out and cutting shapes. We've done this before for Halloween and Christmas, just make sure you have some good gf flour to use for rolling out the dough.



No comments: